How much does it cost to live in Vida Lea?
ROC members decide when the rent needs to be raised and by how much.
- Each member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash collection and the ROC’s mortgage payments.
- The second charge is the one-time membership fee. Once a member has paid the membership fee, he or she only pays lot rent. And, members get their membership fee back if they sell their homes.
- The current lot rent is $330 per month for singlewide homes, $435 for doublewide homes, $330 for RVs where the resident pays the electric bill and $380 for RVs with electricity included.
- The one-time membership fee is $100.
- Before the homeowners bought Vida Lea, we had monthly rent increases of 10% every other year. Rent has remained the same since we went co-op in February 2011.
- Vida Lea charges new members a non-refundable application fee for each adult in the household, $22 for in state and $37 out of state. Contact us if you're interested in applying.